Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Provincials Day Zero

Hello everyone. Writing from Ottawa, ON. Cold, rainy and not far from the Queen of England, apparently.

All 10 of our athletes are here; Matt Fox, Tessa Cieplucha, Bjoern-Ole Schrader, Keri-Lyn Copeland, Emma Fender, Veronica Fong, Kyle Haas, Mitchell Krafczek, Aaron Braugtigam and Karl Massey. I would like to remind everyone that this is the largest group that HHBF has ever sent to the Ontario Provincial Championships.

We had a small warm up today in an over packed pool, but we honestly looked fantastic! I am very excited about this. We have a lot of opportunities to be great this weekend. Please stay tuned for more details. I am switching hotels tomorrow morning (to save HHBF some money) so I am not sure what my internet connectivity will be like. I will do my best to connect and keep people posted when I get back from finals around 9 or 10pm.

Just got back from a team diner. Everyone seems pretty excited and focused. I cannot wait for tomorrow. Our athletes are going to make HHBF very proud and hopefully make some history in the process.

Until tomorrow....

Mike Thompson
Head Coach
HHBF