Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm Back!




Hi guys. Sorry I was away so long this early in the season. My family had booked a trip to Disney World and they twisted my arm to come along (hack, hack). I will only mention a little bit about my trip:

If any of you are fortunate enough to take your children to Disney World one day, it is honestly worth every penny that they get from holding you upside down and shaking you. I was there for 7 days and have never seen a look on my 2 and 1/2 year old daughter's face like the one when she saw Whinnie the Pooh and Tigger. Monday night was the most crowded that I have EVER seen anywhere; I had to fight my way through a parade crowd to wait for 30min in line for the Dumbo ride... but the look on her face for that 90 seconds absolutely melted my heart. I have never seen her so happy. It was the greatest 90 seconds of my life!

Anyway, I am glad to be back. Looks like things went pretty well while I was away. I am now here for Wednesday and Thursday morning, then I am away again for the weekend as I will be at the Swim Ontario "Train to Compete" camp in London and continuing my "Competition Coach" (level 3 and 4) training. I will return to my regular schedule the day after Thanks Giving.

On Wednesday October 13th, HHBF has its very first awards banquet for individual performance. I am very excited that we are now recognizing performances in addition to leadership, improvement and development awards. It is no small feat to qualify for regionals or provincials, or even medal at these meets. I feel that it is of utmost importance that we recognize and celebrate the achievements of our team mates and see what is possible and available ahead of you in your swimming career.

Aside from the awards, my old coach, Dean Boles (also the coach of many Olympians and a former coach on the Olympic team 1996 and 2000) will be speaking and presenting. He has a lot of wisdom to share about swimming in general as well as our club's role in the expanding landscape of Central Region and Swim Ontario. It should be an excellent evening! You wont be disappointed. Please order your tickets ASAP.

Mike Thompson
Head Coach
HHBF