Tuesday, May 17, 2011

AGM



The HHBF AGM was last night and went very quickly and smoothly. I was very happy about a couple of things.

First, the amount of intelligent questions coming from the members about our financials. I am particularly happy that members are concerned about this and are asking important questions. This means that people are interested and possibly have ideas to improve things; and I couldn't be happier about that. Our current executive committee is great, but knowing that we have interested and very intelligent people in the club means that we can be better in the future and continue to be run well by smart and savvy volunteers.

Secondly, I was surprised by the lack of questions regarding this season's grouping changes and success plan... surprised but pretty happy. Not because I don't like answering questions; but because it means (perhaps) that I have been doing a good job communicating. This blog, emails, our website and other communication measures were put in place to make sure that information was available for everyone. We are always looking for ways to improve our communication but this is an indication that we are on the right path.

I think I plugged this blog about 10 or 20 times in my 5min talk last night, so hopefully someone is following up and checking what is written. For those of you who missed my post a couple of weeks ago showing statistically how we are doing: I have posted it for you here. A version of this post is also available in our newsletter. I hope that everyone continues to visit my blog and link other people to visit. I do this for swim fans and for HHBF and a lot of work goes into it (Its not easy to write 1000-2000 word original compositions a few times/week).

For those who are interested, you can all read my report to the Ontario Swim Coaches Committee regarding my trip to Indianapolis (which was funded by Swim Ontario and OSCC, not HHBF). A link to that report can be found here. Now that they've all seen it and given their feedback, you can all learn more about the opportunity and my thoughts on the trip. Enjoy.