Thursday, February 17, 2011

Eastern Canadian Championships Day 1

Typing this on a blackberry sucks so I'll keep this pretty short. Today went very well. Elizabeth's 1500 was first. She shocked us with a major pb of 3 seconds and a new club record. About 6.5 seconds faster than @ central regions, a National Age Group Championship qualification (HHBF now sitting at 7 qualifiers for that meet, most ever, and more to come) and a new club record of 18:16.12. She was 24th overall. I am very proud of this accomplishment, its not easy to come back from an injury, but Elizabeth makes it look easy. She is a great role model for the rest of the club!

Kyle Haas broke his own club record in 50bk (27.59) and will enter finals on sunday night in 5th place. Hopefully he can sneak in for a podium finish.

I was very happy with the start of this meet. All indications point to us having a great weekend. Check in for updates and check my earlier post (regarding br turns) for the web address of the live finals video feed.

As soon as I can figure out how to add video to this entry from my backberry, I will put up kyle's race (sorry, Elizabeth, 1500 is too long to upload). For now you can check my youtube channel for it. http://m.youtube.com/?tsp=1&tspv=v2#/profile?user=Coachmikehhbf

For now, go HHBF!